Child Support

Child Support

Child Support services are available to anyone with legal custody of a minor child(ren), regardless of socioeconomic level. The Child Support Division can establish paternity for children born out of wedlock, establish a support order and health insurance order for children whose parents are separated when a support order does not exist, and enforce and modify existing support orders.

The Child Support Division has been successful in collecting nearly $20 million a year in child support for Vanderburgh County families. The office is prohibited under state and federal regulations from becoming involved in custody and visitation. For those issues, you may contact the Indiana Parenting Time Helpline 1-844-836-0003 or the Parenting Time Center (link) or a private attorney. Questions regarding child support may be answered by contacting the Vanderburgh County Child Support Division at 812-435-5326.

Getting Started

To open a new case with the Child Support office, please complete the Indiana Child Support Enrollment Form Indiana Child Support Services Enrollment and return to the office with the information listed below. The Child Support Enrollment Form is required; however, providing the additional documentation with the form will expedite the processing of your application. Other information needed:

  • Copy of enrollee driver’s license or state issued ID;
  • Copy of the child(ren)s Birth Certificate or Paternity Affidavit;
  • Copy of child’s Social Security card;
  • Copy of all court orders and modifications (if applicable);
  • If the Non-Custodial parent resides out of state or if you have ever accepted payments directly, you will be required to complete a Direct Pay Affidavit. You should ask to complete this Affidavit when you turn in your enrollment form. You will be required to provide a dollar amount of payments received from the Non-Custodial Parent. You will be required to present your identification in order for the Affidavit to be notarized.

What Happens Next?

After receiving a request, the Child Support Division will open a case file within 20 days. Depending on the circumstances of your case, the staff may either A) schedule an appointment to gather additional information/signatures or B) set a court date.

Establishing Paternity/Child Support

If a child(ren) are born out of wedlock and the mother and/or alleged father denies paternity, a Genetic Test will be done at the court hearing.

If the alleged father is determined to be the biological father, the results will be filed with the court and a hearing will be set for establishment of a child support order and other appropriate orders. The birth record can be changed to include the father’s last name, if requested and approved. If there isn’t an existing court order, both the Custodial Party and the Non-Custodial Parent are required to appear in court.

Requests for Enforcement of an Existing Support Order

If you have an open child support case with the Child Support office but would like to request your case be reviewed for enforcement action due to not receiving any payments within the last 30 days, please complete the Child Support Request form and return to the office.

Child Support Request Form here: child-support-request-form-1

Incoming Withholding and Making Payments

If an income withholding order is court ordered, it is forwarded to the Non-Custodial Parent’s employer immediately. If the Non-Custodial Parent changes employment, they should report this change to the Child Support Division with the name, address and phone number of the new employer. It is the Non-Custodial Parent’s responsibility to make payments to the Clerk of the Court or the Indiana State Central Collection Unit until payments are being withheld from their paycheck when a new order is established or when a new employer is reported. The Non-Custodial parent should not send money directly to the Custodial Party as the payment may not be regarded as child support payments but as a gift by the Court.

Report new employment to Child Support Office: Request for Income Withholding

Check or Money Order

Indiana State Central Collection Unit (INSCCU)

P.O. Box 7130

Indianapolis, IN 46207-7130

(Include your ISETS case number and custodial party name)

Credit or Debit Card

  • Pay by phone at 1-866-972-9427


  • County clerk’s office: The NCP may pay cash at the County Clerk’s Office in the county where their child support order was issued.
  • MoneyGram
    • Walmart & CVS locations (visit for all locations)
    • Simply find a store associate and ask them how to get started making a payment to Indiana Child Support.
    • Use receive code 14658.
    • Payments process to case within 3 business days.
    • The processing free is $4.99 and payments can be up to $10,000.
    • Participants must have their ISETS case number to use Moneygram.
  • PayNearMe:
    • The NCP may make their cash payments at thousands of PayNearMe locations, including CVS, Family Dollar, and 7-Eleven.
    • Find participating retailers at
    • Register your case and select a specific retailer.
    • Print your payment barcode or opt to receive a payment barcode on your mobile phone.
    • Payments process to case within 3 business days.
    • The processing free is $1.99 and limits apply.

Requests for Review and Modification of an Existing Support Order

The participant may request a review of their child support order, if at least one year has passed since the most recent child support order was established and a participant believes there has been at least a 20 percent change in income (either increase or decrease). An additional review may also be requested if there has been a substantial and continuing change in circumstances to make the prior order unreasonable.

Common reasons for reviews and modifications would include a change in day care expense, change in overnight parenting time, job loss or loss of income. A request for a review should be submitted in writing the office and can be submitted by either the Non-Custodial Parent or the Custodial Party.

Child Support Request Form: child-support-request-form-1

Either Party may also choose to file a modification on their own. Pro Se Modification packets are available in our office for this purpose.

Additional Resources

The Indiana Child Support Rules and Guidelines can be complicated. Information about those rules, guidelines and internet resources can be found here:

Child Support calculators for Indiana are also available online at the Indiana Judiciary website:

For information about our child support case or to get your ISETS Case #, contact the KIDSLINE at 1-800-840-8757.

Representing yourself may not be a good idea; however, there are Self-Service forms available for those individuals who decide to do so. The Indiana Judiciary website has a Self-Service section with forms related to divorce and child support orders such as modifications:

The Indiana Department of Child Services website has a variety of information regarding your child support case including:

  • Child Support Frequently Asked Questions
  • Arrearage Calculators
  • Self Service forms
  • View the last 5 payments on your case
  • Ways to make a payment
  • Information for Attorneys and Employers
  • Contact information for Child Support Offices in Indiana

State website: